Would you believe Zack Kassian is the absolute maximufunk of the Canucks surge right now? Sure, Eddie Lack has played really well and OK fine, the Sedins are borderline top 10 scorers but are they all forever criticized, routinely benched and exaggeratedly photoshopped? I haven’t looked so for the sake of me informing you, the answer is no.
Zack Kassian is a polarizing figure to put it bluntly. He has everyone rooting for him and his true skill set is just emerging. Kassian’s point totals in the last 10 games speak for themselves (7 goals, 3 assists) but it’s no big deal.
With all the Kassion (thats like the word passion with Ka…you get it) lately its easy to get caught up in the hype. You may know his stat line, you might even have his fancy stats memorized or maybe you are Willie D and keep scribbling his name all over pieces of paper every game, with the points and all, but here are 5 things you probably didn’t know about the warrior prince Zackary Fitzgerald Kassian.
That wasn’t one of them, that’s not even his name.
1) Before every game Zack plays a best of 3 match with Milos Raonic.
2) Game in and game out, Zack isn’t alone. His squirrel Bruchester (bruce and chester) rides shotgun in his shoulder pads. Take a peek!
3) Even though hockey is his life, Tier 1A dodgeball is his true calling. He holds every record for dodgeball and hosted the Dodgeball Championships in Vegas after his career was over.
4) Zack has faced a few suspensions in his junior and pro career, but none equal the the suspension he faced last summer…..
5) When Kevin Bieksa went on a blocking streak, Zack Kassian followed each one of those people and bought them a puppy. Ok really none of that is true.
To be honest there is really only 4 things you probably didn’t know about Zack. Hopefully the next thing we find out about him is how he became an NHL superstar.
(In no way are any of these findings true or validated. I do not wish to be sued for slander like a certain Matt Kassian would do any time his namesake or Kassassin is mentioned.)